Customizing UIkit 8 from the Drupal administration back-end.
UIkit comes with an extensive variety of theme settings to configure almost all themeable aspects of your Drupal site. This topic provides a brief overview of these theme settings to customize the look of your website.
Jump to a section
UIkit comes with a basic theme and two neat themes to get you started. Here you can select which base style to start with.
Apply our fully responsive fluid grid system and panels, common layout parts like blog articles and comments and useful utility classes.
Page layout settings are available for standard, tablet and mobile layouts, allowing you to arrange the main content and sidebar regions in various ways. Each layout is independent of the others, giving you many ways to present your content to your users.
Additional page layout settings:
- Page Container: Add the .uk-container class to the page container to give it a max-width and wrap the main content of your website. For large screens it applies a different max-width.
- Page Centering: To center the page container, use the .uk-container-center class.
- Page Margin: Select the margin to add to the top and bottom of the page container. This is useful, for example, when using the gradient style with a centered page container and a navbar.
Change region layout settings on a per region basis. You can currently apply the following two components to each region (more will be added in the future):
UIkit offers different types of navigations, like navigation bars and side navigations. Use breadcrumbs or a pagination to steer through articles.
Configure settings for the navigation bar, where the primary and secondary menus reside. Configurable options:
- Navbar container: Configure settings for the navigation bar container with
the following options:
- Container: Add the .uk-container class to the navbar container to give it a max-width and wrap the navbar of your website. For large screens it applies a different max-width.
- Centering: To center the navbar container, use the .uk-container-center class.
- Navbar attached: Adds the .uk-navbar-attached class to optimize the navbar's styling to be attached to the top of the viewport. For example, rounded corners will be removed.
- Navbar margin: Configure the top and bottom margin to apply to the navbar.
Configure settings for the local tasks menus.
- Primary tasks style: Select the style to apply to the primary local tasks.
- Secondary tasks style: Select the style to apply to the secondary local tasks.
Configure settings for breadcrumb navigation.
- Display breadcrumbs: Check this box to display the breadcrumb.
- Display home link in breadcrumbs: Check this box to display the home link in breadcrumb trail.
- Display current page title in breadcrumbs: Check this box to display the current page title in breadcrumb trail.